The Zona Tortona tour is a guided walk in the former industrial area south-west of central Milan. The industry is back up and running, and nowadays it’s all about creative energy. Zona Tortona has become one of the city’s trendiest neighbourhoods, where architects strut their stuff in real-estate conversions and boundless talent is liberally applied to fashion and design. Zona Tortona climaxes every year during Milano Design Week’s so-called Fuorisalone, where a swarm of global visionaries and design junkies descend to show or soak up what’s new; where they network and party in some of the most fascinating locations. The area buzzes all year round with the vibes from the art studios, design workshops, showrooms, stores and other multi functional spaces. Our expert guide guarantees an insider experience of architecture- and design hot spots and will introduce you to some of the main players in the scene.
- Design Library: a true institution to the design scene in Milan. It features a multimedia library, cosmopolitan café and regular events for architects and designers
- Teatro Armani: a former Nestlé factory building, now used for Giorgio Armani’s fashion shows
- Superstudio Più: created in the former Milanese HQ of General Electric, the space hosts performances, conventions, exhibits and creative-oriented events
- Dada Café: interiors by Slide and panel sculptures by Flavio Lucchini
- Tortona 37: one of the liveliest hubs of fashion and design in Europe
- Via Stendhal and Via Savona: home to showrooms of Diesel, Allegri, Fendi, Ermenegildo Zegna, Hogan and Stone Island, among others
- Spazio FMG: exhibit space dedicated to architecture
- Magna Pars Suites: hi-tech and eco-friendly, as well as it is a fragrance hotel (the first one of its kind)
For information, reservations or special requests on routes dedicated to the city of Milan by Viaggi di Architettura.